The other day I went downtown to run a few errands. I went into the Local coffee shop for a snack.
I was only there for about 5 minutes, and when I came out, there was this cop writing out a parking ticket.
I said to him, ‘Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break’?
He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. His insensitivity annoyed me, so I called him a ‘Nazi.’
He glared at me and then wrote out another ticket for having worn tires.
So I proceeded to call him a ‘doughnut eating Gestapo.’ He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.
Then he wrote a third ticket when I called him a moron in blue.
This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I talked back to him the more tickets he wrote.
Personally, I didn’t really care. I came downtown on the bus, and the car that he was putting the tickets on had one of those bumper stickers that said, ‘Obama in ’08.’
I try to have a little fun each day now that I’m retired.
Conceit is a weird disease. It makes everybody sick except the one who’s got it.
Latest posts by William Burdine (see all)
- Attitude of Gratitude! What are you grateful for? - 2016/11/21
- New Classes For Renatus! - 2016/10/23
- Nathan Tabor – Multi-Family Fix & Flip - 2016/10/23
- Becoming a better man, no tomorrow, steps for today - 2016/07/23
- Garrett Gunderson – CrusH it 2016-05-22 - 2016/05/23