The Email Lure, Have you Gotten One?
I opened my email today to see a fetching article on another Internet Marketing Help System. You know something to make an Online Marketers Job easier.
It showed me “results” done by the product (e.g. a screen shot”), it linked to Google+ and the Site itself.
OF COURSE I CLICKED IT, That’s what Internet Markets to, see what the competitions doing and either copy them, make it better or spin it from another angle and use a bunch of social media and SEO.
Let’s SEE the Video, before I go on….
AGAIN the ADVISOR – Up Front WARNING: I am NOT associated or affiliated with the content referenced in this article about Big Content Search
Let’s break this video down and look at the facts and truths of Internet Marketing.
FIRST: Internet Marketing is a challenge and can leave you broke if you don’t know what you are doing. There is a lot of little or procedure steps to know to be successful and get your content right for your chosen Audience that you want to attract. There is no magic, short cuts, true guaranteed automation…etc…
SECOND: The larger picture is the lure into any online marketing…the BIG STEPs, The Money to be made…these that are glossed over to make ‘the system simple to follow’. Some of the glossed over examples are Article Content, Blogging, Pre-done for you Opt-in forms and eBook Products.
THIRD: If it’s such a great product, why does the above video only have 320 views in 5 months! The Big Content Search Video has been up since June 25, 2013. What’s wrong here” Is the question you should be asking yourself….
Over View of the Video – MEAT
The only thing this video did get right was as an Internet Marketer, you will HAVE TO Create Content. But failed to state it must be “Good Quality Content” (Google’s Statement). The video listed several high level things to do, like 20,000 feet up, which include:
- Article Content
- Opt-in reports
- eBook Products (just one lure for an Opt-in form)
But what about finding a Niche Market, something you enjoy, have a passion for, can connect or relate to people in….when you do the business will be better, but I am getting ahead of myself.
Does any of these systems teach you how to set up?
- Opt-in services (what’s the cost associated with this?)
- Opt-in forms and how to place them on your site
- Auto-Responders that work
- Probably not, their answer was ‘We do it for you’.
This video centers around Private Label Rights (PLR’s). These are great, however some are dated, others are timeless, you can find the same information using the Advanced Google Search Tool (link). [HINT: people want an eBook, Video or Audio, even content that brings them in, causes them to think and gives them an answer…either directly, steps to follow or another type of education.]
I’m not even going to get in to SEO…that is a huge animal that can also be glossed over, often with a ‘Plugin’ for your site…but true SEO strategy requires a lot more effort and trial an error with many steps. If you want to know, I direct you to Moz.com – The Beginners Guide to SEO.
The TRUTH about the Video or The LIE
SPUN Content Worked before Google’s Panda and Penguin updates and may work still on Bing, to a point and lessor search engines that Google, monitors….so will the Spun content make it to the Masses….Most likely NOT.
SIDE NOTE: See the Search Engine Article: Life After Google Penguin. Specifically the line that states…. Compressibility: As a mechanism used to fight keyword st”uffing, search engines can also look at compression ratios. Or more specifically, repetitious or content spinning. OR Google “Penguin article spinning”.
Let’s look at some of Big Content Search’s other 11 Video numbers as of 11/17/2013
- May 25, 2012 Big Content Search Testimonial by Richard Spackman – VIEWS to DATE 43
- May 25, 2012 Big Content Search v1.0 Video – VIEWS to DATE 49
- May 31, 2012, this is a BIG Self Promotion stating that Big Content Search is the FIRST Private Label Right Search Engine with over 100,000 private label rights (PLR’s) in over 200+ niches. WOW, this is great, but why does it only have 858 Views to date?
- DATE UNKNOWN as there is an ERROR in YouTube Finding the video for Version 2.0….hmmm
- June 5, 2012 Well we NEED to know HOW to use Big Content Search’s Product, to download the PLR’s, Version 2.0, but why to only 228 people care?
- On June 5, 2012 there is a Promo Video showing how easy it is to use the ‘Spintax’ Download…with 310 views…but we’ll get in to more of why ‘Spun content’ can actually hurt you in a moment.
- On June 5, 2012 Big Content search feels the need to show you how their Advanced Search for PLR articles can happen…but only 173 people care….(HINT: You how to use Google Advanced search to do the same thing…FREE)
- June 5, 2012 (a busy day for posting videos) OKAY NOW Were talking, at least 1,700 people are about wanting to know about the Big Content Search function to find Private Label Rights articles….and ‘you can get started for only a $1.00)
- HOLY SHIT, Now we are Really talking…remember all those ‘Internet Marketing Step’ systems that are ‘automated for you’, here is one to save you time…. AUTOBLOGGING those FREE Private Rights Label Articles. YES, but wait, if a time saver like this is so wonderful, why are there only 312 views to date from the video posted on June 26, 2012? (Really scratching my head now)
- CONTENT is KING (the most truthful advice from this series) in the August 1, 2012 video on Searching for PLR’s using their system….and a whopping 1187 people cared to watch it.
- June 25, 2013, the video that came to me in an email marketing campaign, an over view of Big Content Search…see the video above and remember to date only 320 people cared in 5 months!!!
- November 7, 2013 (TODAY, this articles published date), we’ll give this one the benefit of the doubt having 7 views in less than 24 hours.
Can you BELIEVE that after nearly 18 months of business, showing you how to short cut, er I mean HELPING, being an Internet Marketer, there are only 5187 Views on 11 videos with 15 subscribers? (okay this article might push that up, but again, I am not affiliated or associated with the company or product)
Have I made my point yet on ‘these systems’?
OKAY LET’s FRY YOU (um Me, William Burdine) for NOT having THIS MUCH SUCCESS, comparably online… that’s fair, lets’ Roast my ass for ‘not doing as well’, apparently. I mean my Youtube channel barely has any videos, my blog (this thing your reading) barely has posts… so “Why should I listen to you? or Take Stock in this article?”
Simple answer, I just don’t give a shit, what you think. Let me tell you why… The way Internet Marketing is done today, it’s like all those Junk Mailers in your Mail Box, you know the one outside your house. What do you do with those? Well until my bird died, I lined it’s cage, I used them for kindling in my fireplace, I let the kids draw art or cut them up for art projects….but mainly they go in my recycle bin, because the U.S. Postal service is too Stupid to listen to my repeated requests that I DON’T WANT JUNK MAIL.
SUMMARY – THE END Wisdom
Well there you have it…If these Online, Done for you Marketing or Search Systems are so great, then why do most of them fail?
You want to know the REAL Answer?
I’ll save that for the last sentence….
How do you do business then?
Let me give you a quote from Muhammad Ali, “Friendship…is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
There is something to be said about TRULY Connecting with People, after all they buy into you, not your business, product or service. Althought some will be lured by the ‘Income Testimonials’, fail to read the small print…but hey a fool and his money are soon parted, goes the saying.
But What about, ‘You must go through numbers or masses to find your Ace’?
This is something they tell you in Multi-Level Marketing (FYI, many Quick Internet Marketing Systems are the digital version of multi-level marketing)… I am NOT going to bash Mult-Level marketing, because those who take to heart and practice the core lesson that most of them teach, tend to be a better person.
Some of these core practices are, read 2 good books a month, attend the meetings (aka positive 2 hours a week), imagine the person you want to be and be it AND MY FAVORITE, I do my best to live by….”The results/failures do NOT define who you are, it’s a learning process, what or who do you want to be tomorrow?”
So to answer the question, I’ll ask one back…there is Wisdom in that statement it creates ‘critical thinking’, something today’s youth…some how missed. But I digress. Did you make a lot of true friends in school, college, business, in your neighborhood, your athletic or clubs….most likely not. A true friend is someone you share intimate things with, most of us have less than 10 and the average is 5, not counting your family members. So I ask again, how many people did you meet to end up with those really close people in your life?
Now the real shocker….as if you haven’t heard this before…and if you haven’t, you might want to read this twice, it took me a while to grasp it…. “Your Life, Net Worth, Income, is the AVERAGE of the 5 Closest people in your life.” Make good friends in reality, meet up groups, church, Facebook (but intend on meeting them) [he he I just spun Muhammad Ali’s quote ;)].
As a SIDE NOTE about Facebook, why do people ACCEPT Friend Requests without knowing the person? Do you let a stranger in you house, probably not, you let people you know, acquaintances, people who want to know more about you.
As for the Real Answer as to why most online/Internet or Multi-level Marketers fail?
1) They don’t believe in themselves.
2) Your Father, Mother or Grandparents probably already gave you the winning solution…but just in a different form. Remember the speech, “Do Good in School, so you can get Good Grades, so you can get a Good Job“. In the translation to Internet Marketing it’s more like, “Find a GOOD Mentor*, learn the right skills and practice and venture through that skill set until you master it.”
* A Mentor, is someone who will tell you the truth, ask you tough question, tell you what you need to hear….the person who tells you what you want to hear…is a friend, acquaintance, family member or loved one (well my mother some how fits in both categories…and it pisses me off, especially when she’s right….but that might be another article)
Latest posts by William Burdine (see all)
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos - 2018/01/30
- Attitude of Gratitude! What are you grateful for? - 2016/11/21
- New Classes For Renatus! - 2016/10/23
- Nathan Tabor – Multi-Family Fix & Flip - 2016/10/23
- Becoming a better man, no tomorrow, steps for today - 2016/07/23